Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Service Pack 2 – Released
The Microsoft Dynamics GP development team have been hard at work and have just released Service Pack 2 (R2) for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 on the 21st of April, 2011.
It is recommended to have a working backup of the the following items before applying any patch file:
1. DYNAMICS database
2. All company databases
3. Reports.dic – export the reports through Customization Maintenance (Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance)
4. Forms.dic – export the forms through Customization Maintenance (Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance)
5. eConnect PRE and POST Procedures if customized
NOTE: The Reports.dic and the Forms.dic may be located on the server or each workstation. If located at each workstation, make sure to backup the dictionaries at all workstations.
If you have Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 already installed, use the steps below:
1. Download the latest patch release and installation guide below.
2. At the Microsoft SQL Server, double-click the patch file and the install will be silent and only show a progress window.
3. At the Microsoft SQL Server, launch Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities and update the DYNAMICS database and all company databases.
4. Once the databases are updated at the server, update the modified forms and reports at the Additional Tasks window. Refer to the installation guide for the steps to update.
5. Install the patch file at all client workstations. The patch file can be published using Automatic Client Updates. Once a user logs in, they will be automatically prompted to install the patch. Refer to Chapter 5 in the
SystemAdminGuide.pdf on the Release 2010 DVD under Documentation.
If you are updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, the latest patch must be installed prior to launching Utilities. Refer to the steps below:
1. Install a server installation of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 including the Microsoft Dynamics GP features you use.
2. At the end of the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 installation, click Finish in the Installation Complete window.
3. Install the latest Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 patch.
4. Convert your databases using Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Utilities.
5. Update all modified reports and forms dictionaries.
WHERE CAN YOU FIND IT?
Required: Live ID for sign-in to these portal.
Other useful links:
- Developing for Microsoft Dynamics GP by David Musgrave (Australia) and the Microsoft Dynamics GP Developer Support Team (USA).
- Inside Microsoft Dynamics GP – Official Blog page
You might also like
Server and Desktop OS release road map from Microsoft Please rate my blog
8.7 megapixels Camera sensor (main camera resolution) Nokia PureView Camera 4.5 ” Display size Snapdragon™ S4 Processor name 10 h Talk time (3G) 400 h Standby time (3G) 67 h
Microsoft Dynamics CRM already includes a full-featured CRM add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook called Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. Now you have the choice of using Dynamics CRM for Outlook